Download Techstream Toyota Software for Mac Updated

Download Techstream Toyota Software for Mac

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an culling browser.

How to run Techstream on a Mac (ane Viewer)

labcab

labcab

Joined
Jun 21, 2005
Letters
595
Location
Apex, NC
Desktop

I wanted to retire my 15-year-former PC that I only keep around for Techstream, so I decided to try and become it loaded on my Mac. I'chiliad now able to connect to both my '98 LC and the married woman's 'eleven Threescore and everything appears to be working equally it should, so I figured I'd share how I take it gear up if anyone else wants to practice the aforementioned.

Getting information technology working is somewhere betwixt :banana: :banana: and :banana: :banana: :banana:

To get started, yous'll need:

  • Mac with at least 10.9 Mavericks, I'grand updated to Sierra
  • Windows - I'g using 32-bit XP, but I've also loaded Techstream on a 32-flake Vista machine without whatever issues. I haven't washed it, but I've read it can be catchy (merely possible) with newer 64-bit operating systems. Stay with the 32-bit to go along it simple
  • Techstream - I used 9.x. I don't think whether you have the latest or an older version hither matters.
  • Mini-VCI cablevision - mine was ~$30 off of eBay and included a mini CD with Techstream and drivers

Setup
Xcode 8.1 - download and install:
Xcode on the Mac App Store
Open Terminal and run the following to agree to license and install Xcode control line utility:
sudo xcodebuild -license
xcode-select --install
MacPorts - download and install:
https://www.macports.org/install.php
Add together environment variables to your .contour (might be .bash_profile depending on how y'all're set upward.)
Open Terminal and run the post-obit:
Copy/paste the following lines into the editor:
export PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:$PATH
export MANPATH=/opt/local/share/human:$MANPATH
Contol-o, [return], control-x to salvage changes and get out
Install other packages MacPorts and VirtualBox demand:
sudo port install libidl +universal doxygen texlive texlive-latex-extra texlive-fonts-actress cdrtools openssl
VirtualBox - download and install:

Create your VM (Virtual Machine)
Kickoff VirtualBox from the Applications binder.
Select New (pinnacle correct round blueish icon, or Automobile>New from the carte du jour)
Name and operating arrangement:
Name = whatever you want e.grand. XP
Blazon = Microsoft Windows
Version = the Os you lot intend to install due east.g.Windows XP (32-chip)​
Retentiveness size:
I initially went with 192MB and afterwards increased it to 8192 MB​
Hard disk drive
Check Create virtual hard disk now
Hard disk file blazon
Cheque VDI (VirtualBox Deejay Image)
Storage on physical hard disk
Check Dynamically allocated
File location and size
Proper noun your hard disk file (I merely re-used XP from above)
virtual difficult disk size = 10.00 GB​

Windows - install it on your VM
Start your VM (double-click it on the left or select start from higher up)
It will prompt yous for your Windows install method.
If you lot have an XP disc, you lot'll need to allow your VM to access your Macs disk drive: select VBoxGuestAdditions.iso.
If you're installing Windows from a file, utilise the binder icon on the correct to select the .iso file on your Mac.​
Follow the prompts, information technology will be straightforward and will vary depending on your version of Windows​

VM settings
Yous should still have two windows open: your Windows environment and VM VirtualBox Manager. The post-obit settings can be accessed through either window.
Windows environment > Menu > Devices > Insert Guest Additions CD Image…
Follow the prompts, no changes to the default settings
Reboot​
Windows surroundings > Bill of fare > Devices > Elevate and Drop > Bidirectional
Windows environment > Menu > Devices > Network > Network Settings

Bridged adapter
en0:
Advanced > Promiscuous Mode = Allow VMs​
Plug in your Mini-VCI cable
Windows environment > Menu > Devices > USB > USB Settings
Plus icon on the right
Select your Mini-VCI cable​
Windows environment > Menu > Devices > Shared Folders > Shared Folders Settings
Plus icon on the right
Navigate to a folder e.g. I used my Mac's desktop
Proper name it whatever y'all desire e.g.macDesktop
Cheque both Auto-mount and Make Permanent
Install Techstream
The settings above should allow you to access your shared folder, get to the internet, and drag and drib files from Bone 10 to your VM. My Mac does not have an optical drive, but I would judge it also needs enabled for Windows to be able to read your Techstream install disk. I establish another copy on the cyberspace and just used that instead of creating a .iso file on another automobile and moving information technology to my Mac.

Before opening Techstream, open C:\Program Files\Toyota Diagnostics\Techstream\Env\IT3System.ini in notepad and change TISFunction=ane to TISFunction=0. It will salve you from some annoying registration alerts. It may already be edited depending on where you got you Techstream.​


Install Mini-VCI driver
Last step is the driver for the Mini-VCI cable. If you lot bought an eBay or Amazon cablevision that included Techstream, information technology should exist on the disc they sent with information technology. Your looking for "MVCI Driver for TOYOTA.msi" or something like. Again, I just googled around and found this ane that worked: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=75C933EE49501E9A&id=75C933EE49501E9A!126
Let me know if you have any questions, need some screenshots or if I missed whatsoever steps above,
Dean
Last edited:
PADDO

PADDO

Thanks for taking the time to write this up Dean.
pawwright

pawwright

Joined
Dec fourteen, 2008
Messages
one,344
Cheers for taking the time to write this upwardly Dean.

Agreed, thanks very much for the write-up and time.

Balderdash Moose 100

I got confused and lost in the first paragraph of all that.... Why does your married woman drive effectually in the 2001 Threescore and you get the 98 LC?
labcab

labcab

Joined
Jun 21, 2005
Messages
595
Location
Apex, NC
I got confused and lost in the kickoff paragraph of all that.... Why does your married woman drive around in the 2001 LX and yous get the 98 LC?

I permit the wife pause in the vehicles that are "on deck." It propagates Land Cruiser loyalty throughout the household and ensures I become a expert truck with a known history in 5-10 years, allowing time for plenty of aftermarket suppliers to come to marketplace and all of the mutual problems to rear their head. It's actually a 2011 she drives.

bouncylexus

Joined
Feb 21, 2017
Messages
27
Location
Dallas
Did you run into any issues with the ECUs non being accessible? I am getting the following message.

Selected organisation is not responding or not available. Please bank check the repair manual for applicable systems.
Information technology too changes the box from yellow to white; From ECU Condition unknown to ECU not supported or not responding

full

Budgey

Joined
January 7, 2019
Messages
4
Location
Republic of bulgaria
Hi all! Country Cruiser 120 possessor hither. I know I'm a bit tardily to the party on this, merely I tried to go through the procedure above and got a chip spooked when MacPorts repeatedly installed 'dependencies' during it'due south installation - It was the massive use of difficult drive space that I was getting concerned nearly every bit it was somewhere in the region of 15gb when I eventually pulled the plug. My question is: should I have said 'no' to the installation of dependencies during the MacPorts install process? I'd really like to get this working on my Macbook, since my trusty old Windows laptop has died the death...
Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.
128keaton

128keaton

How-do-you-do all! State Cruiser 120 owner here. I know I'grand a scrap late to the party on this, but I tried to become through the procedure higher up and got a bit spooked when MacPorts repeatedly installed 'dependencies' during it'southward installation - It was the massive use of hard bulldoze space that I was getting concerned about as it was somewhere in the region of 15gb when I eventually pulled the plug. My question is: should I accept said 'no' to the installation of dependencies during the MacPorts install process? I'd really like to get this working on my Macbook, since my trusty old Windows laptop has died the death...
Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

I believe yous should've said 'aye'

Some other alternative to using VirtualBox is merely using VMWare Fusion and importing the .vdi file y'all can download here. Fashion easier. Took me 5min to go it working on my MacBook. You lot can either source Fusion legitimately or not. Up to you. Either way, if you're having trouble with Virtualbox and aren't super computer inclination, I'd recommend VMWare Fusion.

If yous want to move forwards with VirtualBox, I'd go ahead and follow the instructions from the linked thread. I believe it works just fine in VirtualBox without the dependencies required.

saucebox

saucebox

Slobivius Americanus
Joined
Jan 24, 2009
Messages
two,505
Location
SLC, UT
What's the demand (or the benefit) of Xcode and MacPorts?

I have it working merely fine using only VirtualBox and the Windows install from the threads here, so it'due south a question of marvel. Plus, I accept to do it all once again, equally I've just replaced my MBP.

Edit: Xcode is needed for MacPorts to work.

Budgey

Joined
Jan 7, 2019
Letters
iv
Location
Bulgaria
Hello 128keayton & saucebox! Thanks for your replies.
I will in the first instance give VMWare Fusion a become since they have a trial period.
saucebox

saucebox

Slobivius Americanus
Joined
Jan 24, 2009
Messages
2,505
Location
SLC, UT
Hi 128keayton & saucebox! Thank you for your replies.
I will in the showtime example give VMWare Fusion a go since they have a trial period.

No need to worry. All the software OP lists is on the upward and up. Information technology does take upwards a LOT of room though.
128keaton

128keaton

Budgey

Joined
Jan 7, 2019
Messages
four
Location
Bulgaria
Brilliant - thanks for clearing that up guys!

Budgey

Joined
January 7, 2019
Letters
4
Location
Bulgaria
Running sweet on VMWare Fusion with a fresh XP build (I had a disk knocking nigh) and Techstream v10.10.118. Really happy as it only took up near 8gb Hard disk drive space, and I've finally been able to become to the bottom of a problem I've been having with the airbag alarm light showing up intermittently - turns out it was a seat position sensor, which I think volition exist a inexpensive fix. Really happy - thanks again!

todiy

Joined
Jul 17, 2020
Messages
28
Location
San Jose
4 years later teaching still worked on MBP (Catalina) + Virtual Box + XP (32 flake) + Techstream 14. Oasis't connected to the vehicle nevertheless, but hopefully information technology should be ok. Will report if I face any problems.
l3n0x

l3n0x

Does anyone know if it is possible to run information technology somehow on an M1 mac?

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Download Techstream Toyota Software for Mac

Posted by: lorrettaleoutitend.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post